Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Auditions

So Whilce Portacio has been looking for comic book artists to work for him for a comic book team here in the Philippines. Well, Whilce Portacio has made quite a name in the comics industry (even internationally) aside from Leinil Yu, Gerry Alanguilan, Steven Segovia, and more.

Basically he's like making a talent search. Like an American Idol for comic artists. Sure it's not the bigtime comic companies but it's a good way to start up.

I went for the positions of Penciller and Inker with these pieces. Actually, that's not really inking anymore. I've moved on to digital inking. But a lot of professional comic artist do that now so it's not a crime. Plus I'm a sloppy traditional inker so this really helps.



Unfortunately I haven't received a reply yet from them. Maybe I wasn't good enough. No biggie though, I'll find myself on the right track sooner or later.

Yeah and I've been thinking of using my CSS and web design skills to revamp this blog. If I ever find the courage to eliminate my summer laziness. Damn it's too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment